Introduction to Dobersports Program
Dobermans are agile and athletic working dogs. Participating in dog sports creates a happier, healthier, more obedient and socialized dog, while strengthening the owner/dober bond in a positive way. Plus, a tired Doberman is a good Doberman!
Getting into dog sports can be confusing and intimidating. These programs aren’t just for the competitive show dogs, though! They are fun for all levels and the whole family. DHDR believes that dog sports are an essential component of a happy Doberman household.
Founded in 2018 and continued through 2021, we’ve partnered with awesome training facilities to offer you exclusive “Introduction” classes. We are making it easier for you to try dog sports. Each course will provide you with:
- A no-pressure introduction to the particular sport, with friendly peers. With this, you can determine if the sport is a match for you and your Doberman.
- A guide, should you decide to pursue the sport, on facilities through the state, schedules, and more.
- Insider tips from your fellow Doberman owners already sporting.
View currently scheduled courses below for details on timing, pricing and more. All classes require a reservation:
**No DHDR-Hosted Classes are currently scheduled due to COVID-19. Join the Dobersports Facebook group to see other classes offered.**
Recommended Dobersports Facilities/Trainers in Arizona:
- Barn Hunt Casa Grande (the only Barn Hunt group in AZ)
- Nosework trainers include Cheeky Dog Obedience (North Phoenix area), Patience Unlimited (Phoenix area), and Release Canine (Online and Scottsdale/Phoenix)
- Agility facilities include Hunter Canine (Cave Creek), MLF Dog Sports (Queen Creek), AZ Dog Sports (Phoenix), Anita (West Valley 480-510-2394), Desert Dog Obedience (Phoenix) desert
- Dock Diving facilities include Hunter Canine (Cave Creek), and Tonopaws (Tonopah).
- Trick trainers include Desert Dog Obedience (Phoenix) and AZ Dog Sports (Phoenix). You can now learn and film tricks at home to earn your AKC Trick titles virtually!
Classes announced regularly. Look forward to Agility, Nosework, Barn Hunt, Dock Diving, and Tricks!