What Kind of Volunteer Help Is Needed?
While fosters are our #1 need, we also need talented help with transportation, fund raising, event coordination, animal care and rehabilitation, and general office administration. If you can help, please contact us or fill out the online volunteer application now. The help we need from you includes:
- Animal Behaviorists/Trainers: Evaluate Dobermans and help us address occasional temperament and behavior issues.
- Administrative Helpers: Everything from spreadsheets and forms to filing and thank-you notes. A backbone of rescue.
- Dog Buddies: Walk, play with, transport, and socialize a rescue in foster care. We do not have a facility, so this is done at foster homes, parks, and occasionally at boarding facilities.
- Drivers: Give Dobermans rides from shelters and surrendering owners to vets and foster and forever homes.
- Event Planners and Staffers: Coordinate or attend adoption events, fundraising events, and special fun events.
- Fundraisers: Guide and inspire us as you design and implement targeted fund raising campaigns; fund raise for dogs with special needs.
- We are in need of a head Fundraising Coordinator!
- Phone Interviewers: conduct pre-placement phone interviews with prospective adopters and are provided a guide and training.
- IT Professionals: Keep our network, website, and forums running.
- Home Visitors: After training, and with a guide, visit potential adopter homes to meet with them and ensure they live in a positive environment for a Doberman.
- Photographers and Videographers: Take irresistible shots of dogs and create videos that help our dogs find wonderful homes.
- Copywriters: Write Doberman biographies, website content, and blog content.
- Digital Designers: Help create website content, fliers, and other attractive materials to spread our message.
Do I qualify to volunteer?
- You are at least 18 years of age and are legally able to enter into binding contracts in the state of Arizona.
- You are willing and able to check our online forum system on a regular basis.
- You have the availability to volunteer at least five hours each month.
- Don’t worry! If you are a snowbird, take an extended vacation, or just need a break, let us know – it’s ok!
- You are able to attend at least one in-person training session per year.
- You are able to provide a $25 tax-deductible donation to cover your super-soft tee and official name tag.
DHDR is big on education. Several times a year we provide our volunteers with a seminar or demonstration event to help us learn more about canine evolution, Doberman Pinschers, health issues, temperament evaluation, alternative approaches to veterinary care, traditional veterinary medicine, dog behavior and contemporary legal, legislative, and social issues confronting our breed. These opportunities reward our volunteers and gear us up for doing a better job next time.
Got another idea? Contact us! Ready to get started? Apply below now!